|Plan to help at this year's work sites:
- Wilcox Park
* Volunteers are encouraged to bring any leather work gloves, hand pruners, loppers, or hand saws. Milford Earth Day will be providing loaner tools and gloves.
- Invasive Plant Removal
- Teams of volunteers will be assigned to five different areas to cut and remove invasive plants. *Hand tools will be provided. No power tools are permitted.
- Invasive Plant Moving
- Transfer the cut invasive plants to the habitat gorge area.
- Wildlife Habitat Construction
- Wildlife habitat brush piles will be built using the cut materials. These will be located off of the main trails.
- Native Planting
- Native plants will be planted near the harbor entrance trail.
- Trail Maintenance
- Leaves will be lightly raked off of the main trail sections.
- Lane Widening
- Leaf litter and soil will be cleared along the edges of Shipyard Lane to widen by about four feet for safer pedestrian and bike traffic.
- Litter pick-up
- Pick up plastic bottles and wrappers at several key areas.
- Invasive Plant Cutting
- Trash Removal
361 Meadowside Rd
Milford, CT 06460